Does Menthol Affect Warfarin Response?
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Coderre K, et al. Probable warfarin interaction with menthol cough drops. Pharmacotherapy 2010;30:50e-52e.
2. Kassebaum PJ, et al. Possible warfarin interaction with menthol cough drops. Ann Pharmacother 2005;39:365-367.
3. Unger M, Frank A. Simultaneous determination of the inhibitory potency of herbal extracts on the activity of six major cytochrome P450enzymes using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry and automated online extraction. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2004;18:2273-2281.
4. Okuyemi KS et al. Does menthol attenuate the effect of bupropion among African American smokers? Addition 2003;98:1387-1393.
5. Benowitz NL et al. Mentholated cigarette smoking inhibits nicotine metabolism. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2004;310:1208-1215.
6. Gelal A, et al. Effect of menthol on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of felodipine in healthy subjects. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2005;60:785-790.
7. Dresser GK, et al. Evaluation of peppermint oil and ascorbyl palmitate as inhibitors of cytochrome P4503A4 activity in vitro and in vivo. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2002;72:247-255.
8. Gelal A et al. Influence of menthol on caffeine disposition and pharmacodynamics in healthy female volunteers. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2003;59:417-422.