Drug Interactions: Insights and Observations
Serotonin Syndrome: Myths and Misconceptions
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Iqbal MM, et al. Overview of serotonin syndrome. Ann Clin Psychiatr. 2012;24:310-318.
2. Gillman PK. CNS toxicity involving methylene blue: the exemplar for understanding and predicting drug interactions that precipitate serotonin toxicity. J Psychopharmacol. 2010;25:429-436.
3. Boyer EW, Shannon M. The serotonin syndrome. New Engl J Med. 2005;352:1112-1120.
4. Evans RW. The FDA alert on serotonin syndrome with combined use of SSRIs or SNRIs and triptans: an analysis of the 29 case reports. MedGenMed. 2007;9:48.
5. Frei R. Study: negligible risk for serotonin syndrome coprescribing triptans with SSRIs, SNIRs. Clinical Pain Medicine. October, 2013.